Wednesday, August 24, 2011

We Used to Talk take 2

I couldn't sleep
Every time I closed my eyes I remembered
How you used to call me.  And we'd talk until the sun rose.
And I felt a longing for that feeling of being close, no matter how distant
And my bed felt like a frozen desert that stretched for miles with no sign of water,
Because a heart in pain is not a fountain one should drink from.
And I missed the past, knowing full well that the moments I wished to erase from my soul were my most important lessons.
And I feared the future.  Because the future felt like a force pushing the gap wider still; but that is only one possibility.
And all the love within me knew that you are a part of it, whatever it may be, and wrapped that knowledge around me in a blanket that burned warmer than any fire of my fear ever could.
But I still couldn't sleep,
As I watched the sky lighten and remembered how we used to talk until the sun lit the sky on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment