Sunday, June 26, 2011

Early Grey Tea
    Contentment
    Realization
        Sadness
I caught sight today
        Of myself
            Longways
In the window’s reflection of the
            Dark night
    The face was plain, plump, sad
    An albino apple on a
Dispropotionate dissappointment
    Of a lower half
No shining feature
    Save Otis
    Jolly Old Englishman
    Firmly planted around my middle
White, no, yellow marks
        The only proof that I can
        Bounce back
    From touch
An unspecial embrace
    That he gives to women
        Far more genetically blessed
My head
    My heart
        Must make up for . . .
            Everything else
    I have loved erringly
    And looked longingly
To my credit
    I am a realist
I will never get anything I do not
                Deserve
I tempt no man to distraction
Personality only takes you so far
            In love
I am a realist

No comments:

Post a Comment