Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Room With a View


He doesn’t know how to love
An intergalactic portal sounds the way my laptop does
When I sit in front of it for hours doing nothing
Except wasting precious time and
Watching a room with a view.
I don’t know how to love
Hands that smell like cupcakes and bleach that
Causes a dryness so porous that they provide evidence
For wherever they should not have been.
If we knew how to love
Would we be doing whatever it is we are doing?
We are doing life, or some semblance thereof
And we are doing each other, occasionally.
I legitimize our arguments by
Labeling them as learning experiences
That shape . . .
Something.
If there is a secret box in my head full
Of things I do not tell you, it would only be sensible
That you would know before I do. I have not noticed
A box yet but I will let you know when
I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment