Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Racing


I’m up far too late/early
Again
But from the sound of it
So is everyone else
There’s a truck that rumbles past my window
Every night/morning at 2am
Again at 2:30 or 3
If he’s feeling like doing something different

I keep having these dreams that I’m driving
Something solid and rumbling
I’m racing
Going as fast as I can with the stereo blasting
More alive than anything or anyone can make me feel
I am not a racecar driver
Unless you count the way I speed
Through the rush hour on 580
My greatest foe is a prius

Every time I see sexy man in a fast car
I get this urge to pretend my Honda is an Aston Martin
I am not a racecar driver
But I want to be

When I have more time, I say
When I’m not in school, I say
When I’m cooler or prettier or better
I say
I will be the fastest blur that has ever blown your skirt up

No comments:

Post a Comment