Monday, January 14, 2013

Large

Beauty is that object that you don’t know quite what it looks like
but somehow it suspends you from hooks 
but no you are not hanging you are walking towards it
being dragged of your own volition 

trying to be Beautiful
and failing
is tumbling like a cast off weed 
tied to the back of a pickup truck 
bouncing down a disheveled country road
or
that is what it feels like when 
I am picking those gravelly pointed words out of my skin

I am exploding from all pores all points of exit
this fat is oozing, slowly engulfing, 
strangling and morphing
filling up my skin and the rooms I reside in until it thrusts you so far you can’t even see Me
and I know what they say when my back leaves the room
I hear “large

when I turn sideways I will never disappear into the fabric of your skin
You will never pick me up
and I will never stand alone without the preface of the creature who slithered before me
I am a grotesque
a caricature of Attractiveness’ opposites
growing and growing and growing and growing
I ate the cake and now look at me!

this body of mine
this thing in its natural form 
seems so unnatural
the sight of my pitiful, deformed, pink nakedness doesn’t force a year’s worth of meals back up through your esophagus?
you haven’t weighed your options in favor of someone who weighed less than you?
and you haven’t noticed yet.
But I have.
and now we play a waiting game
a weighing game
of self-objectification and projection of self loathing
polluted by this disgust I think you should have
I play a weighing game 
against no one but myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment